Friday 19 December 2014


Prezi





Simple example I found online.


Preszi is another presentation tool, Its basic format consists of everything being on one potential very large image and the camera view zooms in and out, up and down and left and right etc... Some people love it some people hate it. Generally when ever I have seen it used it makes me feel duff, It's bait like being on one of those rides that make you feel like your moving around when your not and can make you feel quite sick or dizzy. For me I find it a distraction and it make it harder to concentrate on the information. That said I think it's a really interesting bit of software with huge amounts of potential. It's one of those things where the person directing it will make it work or not. If you just stick a standard presentation in it which give the impression of moving backwards and forwards 50 foot really quickly every three minutes you might end up feeling sick. I think you carefully however it could be really interesting. The first thing I thought when I saw it was that you could use it to brilliant effect for art installations. With regard to me using it in my current practice for presentations I would say it's pretty unlikely.


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree here, however it is usually only used as PowerPoint is used, rather than using the wonderful zoom functionality in the powerful way in which it was designed. Try uploading a single image and then just zooming in to an aspect for you students to see a particular technique used.

    ReplyDelete